How to Find Nursing Jobs Online
Finding a nursing job requires effort, just as finding any other type of job. For all job seekers, the Internet has opened a number of job-seeking opportunities. Large job boards, such as Monster.com and others, allow you to post your resume online where a number of employers can see it. While this is a great convenience, and certainly an option that you may not want to exclude, the fact is that many job seekers use these tools.
Nursing Jobs Websites
If you want to know how to find nursing jobs online, one of the ways you can help yourself is by using industry-specific job sites. There are a number of websites specifically geared toward nursing, for example.
Another thing to know about how to find nursing jobs online is to use sites that allow you a variety of searching options. For example, sites that allow you to search by your designation will save you a lot of time. If you’re able to also search by geographic area or type of employer (hospital, rehab center, etc.), you can increase your odds of finding the best position for you.
Preparing Your Resume
When learning how to find nursing jobs online, you’ll discover that many sites allow you to post your resume online and create a profile. One way to do this is to copy and paste your existing resume into a web-based form. However, when doing this from a Word document, many special characteristics (such as bullets or italics) become garbled. Create a plain text version of your resume to use in such instances. To do this in Word:
- Click on “File” and “Save As”
- In the pop-up box, rename the file so you’ll know which is which
- IN THE SAME POP-UP BOX, use the scroll arrow and choose “plain text”
- Click “Save.” If a message appears asking if you want to continue the save, click “Yes”
- Close the document and re-open it.
- You will now see any characters that did not translate into the plain text version. Change these to acceptable characters, such as using * in place of a bullet point.
- You now have a plain text version of your resume.